High Academic Achievement:
Beneficiary probably got an evaluation point normal of at the very least 3.8 on their A-Levels. This will be judged in view of their scholastic transcript, and by declaration to your academic perfection that is given by a letter of proposal by an educator.
Beneficiary must show monetary need and submit documentation as a composed explanation clarifying need in addition to any accessible fortifying account as references that will be considered by the board of trustees.
Beneficiary must show authority potential as exhibited in additional curricular exercises, ventures, and/or obligations maintained before beginning their undergrad concentrates on. Candidates are required to give confirmation of this as a composed proposal letter, recompenses got and so on as and where pertinent.
Other eligibility requirements include:
- Recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the scholarship).
- Recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- Recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
- Recipient must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- Recipient must declare their intent with a major / degree program of his/her choice.
- Recipient should not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
MDF is committed to equality of opportunity, and no application will be treated less favorably than another on the grounds of gender (including reassignment), marital or parental status, race, ethnic origin, color, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Before applying, make sure that you have all the required documents!
- MoScholars Program application form
- Official un-conditional acceptance letter to UDSM
- Official secondary/high-school transcript
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential
By applying to UDSM and the Mo Scholars Program and accepting the scholarship award, the recipient agrees to the following terms and condition set forth below. Failure to abide by any of the following terms and conditions shall result in termination of the scholarship award.
- Recipients are required to maintain full-time student status as defined by UDSM.
- Recipients are required to maintain a 3.5 GPA at all times throughout their academic degree.
- Scholarship will be applied to the following expenses only:
- Tuition Fees = TZS 1,000,000 – TZS 1,500,000 depending on the academic program of the scholarship recipient.
- Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fee, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books and stationary allowance. A maximum amount of TZS 80,000 per scholarship recipient.
- Housing and meals allowance = TZS 1,500,000 per annum per scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship award is a non-cash award to recipient’s UDSM account as outlined on the scholarship application. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
- Recipient agrees to complete his/her degree program in the time set forth by UDSM. Switching degree programs, whether by choice or due to a version and/or program update, may result in a loss of credits that this scholarship will not cover.
- Recipient who falls out of attendance for more than thirty (30) days from the last date of academic activity will forfeit his/her scholarship. Recipient who returns from an approved absence will be subject to version and program updates per the UDSM Student Code of Conduct.
- Should the recipient drop and/or fail to complete a course for which the scholarship, or a portion of the scholarship has been used to pay the tuition, in no event will any cash refund be given at any time. Recipient is permitted a total of three (3) dropped courses for the entire degree program that may be covered by the scholarship.
- Recipient acknowledges that at no time can he/she become an employee of UDSM or any of its affiliates and retain this scholarship.
- Recipient agrees to abide by the UDSM rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Student Code of Conduct.
- During the term of the scholarship, the recipient shall notify UDSM immediately is he/she is convicted of a crime, excluding traffic offenses. Recipient acknowledges that said conviction may impact this scholarship at UDSM.
Recipients are encouraged to join and actively participate in extra-curricular activities, including but not limited to those organized by the UDSM Students’ Union. UDSM will provide recipients with a list of available activities for them through the campus during the orientation week.
Practical Summer Training InternshipUpon successful completion of the academic year, recipients are eligible to apply for an un-paid practical training summer-internships (“internship”) at MeTL Group subsidiaries, affiliates or MDF.
- The internship will be open solely to recipients of the MoScholars Program.
- MDF will publish a list of available internships at least three (3) months prior to the summer vacation as a call-for-applications. Recipients are strongly encouraged to apply and participate in the internship to complement their existing academic program at UDSM.
- Recipients are eligible for reference letters upon successful completion of their internships at the sole discretion of the host company.
- As an intern, the recipient will not be a company employee. Therefore, they will not receive a salary, wages, or other compensation. In addition, they will not be eligible for any benefits that the Company offers its employees, including, but not limited to, health benefits, holiday pay, vacation pay, sick leave, transport allowance, communication allowance, housing or retirement benefits.
- Upon conclusion of the internship, the recipient must return all company-owned property, equipment, and documents, including electronic mail or other information. By accepting this internship offer, you acknowledge that you must adhere to our confidentially policy.
- By accepting the internship offer, the recipient acknowledges that all costs associated with the internship will not be compensated by the MDF and/or the receiving company.
Visit the Official Webpage of the Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships 2016