BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organization having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last three years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC in Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Job Location: COUNTRY OFFICE- DAR ES SALAAM
Effectively managing the project
- Overall supervision of the Play lab project
- Ensure that project implementation is following the original plan or in accordance with the changes made and communicated during the course of the project implementation.
- Oversee the play lab project budget, grants requirements and expenditures to ensure their alignment with the required standards and norms.
- Financial tracking of the project funds
- Collect, in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation team, diverse data and evidence to influencing issues
- Participate in designing the project proposals
- Coordinate the implementation of the project activities based on the Implementation Plan
- Provide on job trainings to project team
- Conduct training to partner including parents, communities, government officials and duty bearers on child protection and Early Childhood Development (ECD).
- Ensure monthly play leaders performance assessment regarding curriculum deliverance in play labs
- Establish good working relations with project team, government and stakeholders at organization, districts and regional level
- Participate and organize project meetings and stakeholder meetings at streets and play lab centers
- Enhance self - empowerment of children, parents and communities in play lab centers
- Ensure effective advocacy with local authorities at district and regional level, ensure that they are embedded in program delivery.
- Linking the children under play lab centers with available services surrounding them
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all regulations
- With the support of Business Development Manager, design innovative projects and scale up ECD to increase local and external income as well as to reach more vulnerable children
- Promote and ensure child rights based programming at field and office level
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including child protection policy
- Ensuring mandatory reporting to child abuse cases in play lab project operation
- Promote and facilitate child rights and gender inclusion based on play lab project at field level
- Ensuring Child Protection Committees at play lab centers are fully functional.
- Ensuring all project team and relevant others, including play lab leaders, parents and project stakeholders are aware and have access to child protection policy, contents and their responsibilities it places on it.
Reports and documentation
- Develop and submit to Program Manager monthly, field progress and ad hock reports in timely manner
- Writing of narrative project progress reports, as per agreed reporting schedule and requirement
- Document well project success stories/ case study/ best practices/ lesson learned and submit to Program Manager
- Ensure and monitor down ward accountability to stakeholders especially children and communities including documenting what works for wider sharing across BRAC , government and donor
- Ensuring the project properties are well kept at play lab centers and office
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/Masters or Postgraduate specialization in relevant field preferable in Early Childhood Care and Development, Education Management, Sociology, Social Work, Development Studies and Community Development.
- At-least 2-3 years’ practical experience working with NGOs, Education, Early Childhood, child protection or related programs.
- Teaching experience in early years will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian education system speciﬁcally about the available service of early learning opportunities, government policies, departments and institutions in the education ﬁeld etc
- Strong leadership experience, policy and advocacy, research methodology, learning and child development assessment, material development, community participation and social mobilization
- Good Project management skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Good budgetary and financial skills
- Good analytical skills
- Interpersonal and observational skills
- Development and use of training tools
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and do multitasks
- Excellent Communication verbal and writing skills
- Good skills in proposals development, projects reporting and Grants/Fund Management
- Computer knowledge- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and application letter to
BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited,
Plot #2329, Block-H,
P.O. Box 105213,
Dar es Salaam
or through email to email@example.com with a subject “Project Manager"
Application deadline 2019-02-01