Chief Information Officer
OVERVIEWStanbic Bank Tanzania Limited is a full-service commercial bank which specializes in providing facilities and services to public and private sector corporations, diplomatic missions and international organizations.
Stanbic Bank Tanzania is a member of the Standard Bank Group of South Africa and was established in May 1995 when the Standard Bank Group acquired the operations of Meridien Biao Bank Tanzania Limited.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:The roles and responsibilities of the incumbent will be as follows:
1. Responsible for management of IT for the Country Line of Business Area / Function
- Define and implement Country IT Strategy aligned to Country and Group Strategy.
- Partner with Business to ensure successful delivery of IT Solutions including viable solutions that align to the Business and Client strategy.
- Deliver a stable and cost-effective service across the entire application architecture.
- Attainment of satisfactory audits (internal and external).
- Provide the Country Executive team with advice on medium and long-term operational development of information systems and technology Strategy for the country Line of Business/ Function.
2. Manage external suppliers
- Identify opportunities to outsource, where it makes business and commercial sense to do so and consult with authorized parties (e.g. vendor management), in need, to implement necessary arrangements and agreements.
- Build and manage long-term, sustainable relationships with vendors and managed services to realize IT objectives, in conjunction with shared services and procurement where required.
- Accountable for the delivery of all IT projects for the business units and ensure timely cost-effective delivery is achieved.
- Monitor business requirements through high level and details designed, implementation and roll-out into production.
- Accountable for the end to end delivery of IT services to the business units and is the leading authority to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of such project.
- Prepare annual Country IT objectives and budgets to facilitate the implementation, management, and operations of all information technology functions.
- Monitor budgets against expenditure and manage IT costs in line with country parameters.
- Manage the overall budget and ensure compliance in line with the Country Long Term Financial Strategy.
- Authorize at Functional level the allocation of resources for the planning, development, and delivery, as appropriate, of services and products.
- Manage change: Partner with business to co-create business change programs and drive changes to meet tactical business objectives thereby creating further IT demand.
- Focus and drive service improvement initiatives: Facilitate and drive continual service improvement by consistently aligning the IT service offering to Country demands and manage business needs effectively.
- Use key IT service metrics to inform IT and Business Decisions:
- IT spend ratio * measure IT service delivery to enable adequate spend/ budget allocation to business process innovation and general IT maintenance respectively.
- Key performance indicators – determines and specify various milestones to reach long and short-term goals. Serves as a roadmap for implementation of strategies.
- Critical business service metrics
- Determine business service availability and ensure the best contingency strategies are created to reduce or avoid process malfunctions and improve the sustainability of critical business applications.
- Identifies and assesses the risks facing both systems and business processes thereby providing effective loss and risk management and so minimizing the operational risks
- Liaises with business stakeholders in ensuring that regulatory, group policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to minimize the Bank’s exposure to risk.
- Embed a risk-aware culture by fostering an IT strategy that ensures data privacy rules and data security are at its core.
- Manage IT operational risk emanating from systems, processes, procedures, and people by implementing effective Disaster Recovery Plans and ensuring alignment with overall Business Continuity Management plans.
- Manage the development of an IT governance framework that will define the working relationships and sharing of IT components among various IT portfolios within Country, ensuring that IT systems and IT employees are regulatory compliant.
- Chair relevant Country Governance Forum and ensure the successful running thereof.
- Effectively manage internal and external relationships, forge partnerships to leverage technology and resources that measurable added value for all parties.
- Build and maintain competencies and capability and provide leadership to the leadership of each Country area and team/ function.
- Provide leadership to the Country IT community including own business area and the inter-function data flow to support the Information (Applications. Data and Integration).
- Provides a view of Country IT Business functions and guide the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Specifies accountabilities for Management team and evaluates performance regularly steering organizational strategic direction.
- Directs a culture supportive of change, by engaging and employing activities that drive and supports this.
- Assures the implementation of all human resources policies, procedures, and practices within the relevant business unit and monitors compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- Masters in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field.
- International Certificate in Project Management or Information Technology related field
- More than 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Information Technologies. Telecommunications. Network/ Infrastructure planning and services. IT service delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of application development lifecycles, including Agile, and systems integration – in a large multidimensional corporate environment preferably in the financial industry.
- Proven ability to have led a business unit and team of managers managing a diverse portfolio’s.
- Driving group strategy and translating this to Business level for interpretation and steer of direction
MODE OF APPLICATIONQualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:
- An application letter
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email addresses if available
- Names and full addresses of three professional referees
Please address all application to:
Stanbic Bank Tanzania Ltd.
Dar Es Salaam