Government Liaison Officer
Type: Full Time
Department: Legal / Operations
Min Experience: Experienced
- Overall Purpose
• To liaise with the government to ensure the overall customer experience is best in the region
• Building relationships within relevant Government agencies and influencers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• To manage liabilities to ensure legislative compliance and achievement of best practice to meet Corporate objectives to the ultimate goal of providing
• Build a systematic approach to resolving issues.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and relevant Tanzanian legislation.
• To promote continual improvement, humility and safety across the Group.
- Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
• Working closely with public affairs, government relations and internal stakeholders.
• Supporting the monitoring of legislative developments and internal company policies and procedures affecting the business environment.
• Overseeing the Government regulations.
• Monitoring the regulatory environment on potential logistics regulations.
• Ensuring the smooth running of our operations with the government officials.
- Health, Safety & Environment.
• Actively support Alistair Group health, safety & environment policies and procedures.
- Formal Training/Education/ Experience
• University graduate with at least 3 years relevant experience with solid knowledge of government functions and policies.
- Knowledge & Skills
• International exposure.
• Possess a good trade contacts network.
• Excellent communication skills, analytical skills and planning ability.
• Excellent command of English and Swahili, both spoken and written