Physical Education and Sports Teacher Jobs
OverviewThe mission of Haven of Peace Academy is to provide an excellent, Christ-centred, English-medium education fulfilling international academic standards, equipping students to live out a Biblical worldview in all areas of their life to the glory of God. HOPAC follows the Cambridge curriculum.
HOPAC welcomes applicants to fill the Physical Education and Sports Teacher position.
Teachers report to the appropriate Principal, depending on the majority age of their teaching assignment. Teachers are responsible for:
- Creating a learning environment in which each student in the class is enabled to work Instructing the students in accordance with the school curriculum.
- Maintaining discipline within the classroom to enable students to work and learn.
- Maintaining the Christian ethos of the school within the classroom.
- Creating and maintaining a classroom that is aesthetically pleasing and conducive to learning.
- Attending and participating in regular staff meetings and in-service training sponsored by the school. <li style="font-weight: 400;">Maintaining and submitting weekly lesson plans and assessments and providing topic web details, as required by the Principal.
- Keeping records of students' progress as appropriate and providing written reports each term for the parents.
- Being present in the classroom at least 15 minutes before school starts and at least 15 minutes after
- school is out.
Requirements:PE Teacher is expected to:
- Have a working knowledge of the Cambridge Curriculum at IGCSE and A levels.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training days.
- Pursue professional development through attendance at Cambridge and other courses as directed by school management.
- Follow HOPAC's procedures for professional development of staff through lesson observation and evaluation.
- Committed evangelical Christian
- Fluent in the English language
- Bachelor degree in Physical education
- Basic word processing skills
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit their cover letter, CV and a letter of reference from their pastor; no later than 30 December 2018, to:
Haven of Peace Academy
PO Box 70027, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania