The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, is completing a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018. This expansion aims at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170 bed facility in order to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to tertiary care, referral and teaching hospital.
The Phase II development is focusing on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services, and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, critical care, and women and child health programmes.
The Hospital is ISO and JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery.It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 30 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 23 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN – 1 POSITION
Reporting to the Head of Biomedical, the mandate of the biomedical technician is to look after the entire medical equipment, installations, preventive maintenance, user training on equipment and equipment repairs and maintenance services across Outreach Health facilities across OHC network in Tanzania.
- Responsible for validating medical equipment specifications for procurement
- Ensure spare parts are developed for equipment.
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance inspections, commissioning and test in accordance with the departmental procedures.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance action and make recommendations to administration concerning improvements.
- Technical Inspection of Medical Equipment / Spares / Consumable as per the maintenance procedure and department standard to ensure its meeting the requirement.
- Carry out new Medical Equipment installation and commissioning, in accordance with the departmental procedures.
- Complete all new Medical Equipment Acceptance form and report any missing item.
- Deliver training sessions to user and colleagues as per requirement and plan. Ensure that instructions and training programs are held as required, and the clinical support if of high professional standard.
- Monitor vendor during warranty and post warranty period as per the contract agreement and report the performance regularly to the management.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance of medical equipment for all the Government facilities in Dar es Salaam.
- Diploma in Biomedical Engineering from a recognized Technical institute in Tanzania.
- At least 2 years of full time working experience in a healthcare setup
- Excellent academic record.
- Having good knowledge on Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biophysics, Electronics, electrical, mechanical and IT.
- Excellent presentation skill having good command on verbal and written English.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
RADIOGRAPHER/SONOGRAPHER – 4 POSITIONS
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography
Certificate of registration from Medical Radiology and Imaging Professionals Council
At least 1 year of working experience
Duty Station: Bunda, Tabora and Dar es Salaam. The incumbent should be willing to travel or stay in any part of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Complete applications should be submitted electronically to:
The Aga Khan Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the position or hand delivered to The Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam , P. O. Box 2289, Ocean Road, Dar es Salaam, Primary Medical Center – Mwanza, Outreach Health Center in Bunda and Tabora.
Closing date for submission of the application package is end of business day on 22nd January, 2019.