Vacancy Announcement IOM/KSU/001/19
Position title: Admin/Finance Assistant
Position grade G4
Duty station Kasulu, Tanzania
Duty station Kasulu, Tanzania
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer in main office Dar es Salaam and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Kigoma, the Admin/Finance Assistant is responsible for providing daily financial and administrative assistance, in particular he/she will be responsible for:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Prepare the imprest report for Kasulu Sub office and ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are complete before sending to Dar es Salaam.
- Plan daily petty cash and ensure the safe custody of all cash at hand. On daily basis submit a petty cash replenishment request to the HSO.
- Count cash float daily, ensuring that the amount on hand coincides with accounting spread sheets.
- Maintain a filing system and ensure that paid vouchers are filed in the order in which they are entered to cashbook.
- Verify invoices and prepare all cash and cheque payments for utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses.
- Ensure that all cash and the necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is made.
- Submit funding requests to IOM mission office in Kasulu and ensure that sufficient funds are available locally and issue official IOM receipts for all collection made by the Sub Office.
- Checking and ensuring that all TA’s and expense claims are duly completed, and all supporting documents are attached prior to dispatch to Mission office Dar es Salaam for computation and reimbursement.
- Review Sub Office internal controls and notify the HSO and RMO of any potential weaknesses and propose corrective action required and prepare estimated cost for the budget preparation purpose.
- Keep and update an inventory list and tracking system of all IOM assets in Kasulu and set up/streamline procedures to manage and safeguard all IOM assets/supplies in Kasulu. Assist in disposal of assets according to IOM procedures
- Take part in all procurement activities, in line with needs of the IOM office in Kasulu and according to the IOM procurement policy. Set up and implement appropriate mechanisms to avoid fraud and ensure transparency. Apply for and follow up all duty/VAT exemption applications for procured goods/services.
- Maintain personal files for staff members and make sure they are updated regularly, contracts for staff members are valid and issued on time, attendance records are updated, leave request submitted by the staff members properly registered in the excel spread sheet.
- Oversee the service providers for general cleanliness of the office premises, security, and also monitor the maintenance of the office building, utilities and communication.
- Provide introduction to newly recruited national staff on entitlements and benefits as well as administrative procedures on other HR issues.
- Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
Accepts and gives constructive criticism
Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
Monitors own work to correct errors
Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
Contributes to colleagues’ learning
Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
Actively shares relevant information
Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
Convinces others to share resources
Presents goals as shared interests
Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
Provides fair, accurate, timely and constructive staff evaluations
Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
Contributes to, and follows team objectives
Gives credit where credit is due
Seeks input and feedback from others
Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
Actively supports and implements final group decisions
Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
Learns about developments in available technology
Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of an advanced Diploma in Commerce, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
Minimum 3 years of experience in similar field.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send applications to the address below;
International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/
Posting period: From 04th January – 17th January 2019 EX3