Position: Health Safety and Environmental Officer - DSM Terminal
Location: Dar es salaam
- Continuous follow-up of the integrity management program to ensure all major integrity threats are identified and addressed.
- Continuous follow-up of the derogations for downgraded modes to ensure compensatory safety measures are implemented as required.
- Continuous implementation, Compliance and improvement of the HSE Management System.
- Ensure compliance to the work permit system and prevention plan by conducting regular inspection of the permit and prevention plan issued.
- Ensure that all contractors working inside the site are trained on Totals HSE requirements and are ICC audited.
- Ensuring day-to-day supervision of high risk works and conduct periodic site inspections.
- Identifying potential hazards & conducting HSE risk assessment and communicate mitigation measures to the employees involved.
- Making the people aware of the precautions, consequences of the occupational hazards through training to follow best practices.
- Conduct HSE toolbox talks and audits, issue violation notices and recommend for rewards.
- Participate in incident investigation, analysis and reporting.
- Report all incidents to Operations Manager and HSEQ Manager.
- Making sure of the availability of proper PPE and monitor the inventory and use of the PPE.
- Create and review HSE programs, policies, plans and procedures.
- Execution of Emergency Response procedures and conduct drills together with the site manager.
- Responsible to build a very strong safety culture among employees and contractors, this includes conducting regular training and toolbox talks to employees and contractors.
- Ensure compliance of HSE Policy, site rules, golden rules, use of stop card, regulations, PPE and day-to- day practices.
- Coordinate the overall inspection & audit activities, prepare action plan and ensure implementation of actions.
- Ensure that the security personnel are carrying their duties as per the requirements & procedures.
- Inserting all reported incidents and near misses to the non-conformance register and Ramses and following up the action plan.
- Coordinate site safety meetings, mandatory training, inspection (required by the law)
- Protect the environment from pollution, this includes managing quality of effluents, waste handling and disposal.
- Managing health of employees, this includes: monitoring the quality of food, drinking water and ensure cleanness of sanitary facilities.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the HSE Manager.
Context and Environment
- HSE is a responsibility of everyone, your main objective must be to build a strong safety culture among all employees and contractors working at your site.
- Working long hours and sometimes during weekend, public holidays.
- Close coordination with;
- Internally: OM, internal auditor, Commercial Department, Network Manager, HR Manager and Depot Managers, etc.
- Externally: Contractors, Engineering Consultants, Network dealers, Consumer customers, Government institutions such OSHA & NEMC.
Must possess at least five years of work experience in HSE, most preferable in oil and gas, mining, power plants.
Must possess a degree from a recognized higher learning institution.
Must possess HSE qualifications, and an engineering background will be an added advantage.
Must have a good command of English language (speaking and writing) and should be an effective communicator.
Computer skills, conversant with Microsoft word, power point and excel.
Must be independent, able to deliver under minimum supervision.
Must be ready to work under high pressure and demonstrate high level of commitment to work.