Zanzibar Insurance Corporation (ZIC) is a state-owned company which has been operating even before the liberation of the Insurance industry in 1996 and registered according to Insurance Act Cap.394 of the year 2009.
Job Title: Underwriting Insurance Officer-(1 Post Mtwara)
Report to: Sales Representative
The Underwriting Officer serves under the Sales Representative. She/he is responsible for underwriting business, renewals, endorsements, processing of claims as well as routine correspondence.
- Undertakes the underwriting of new policies.
- Apportions risks under various reinsurance treaties and/or facultative reinsurance.
- Receives facultative reinsurance offers from outside companies, maintains reinsurance files and relevant correspondence.
- Advises the Accounts Department on Credit and Debit Notes to be raised in favor of or against Insurance Agents.
- Holder of Diploma in Insurance or any recognized equivalent qualification, with three (3) years of experiences,
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
Remuneration will be according to ZIC salary scale and other terms and conditions of ZIC.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letters accompanied by a typed detailed CV, certified copies of Academic Certificates, Three Names of Referees, Current Postal Address, Phone Number, Email Address and Two (2) Passport Size Photograph. Should be addressed to:
MANAGING DIRECTORDeadline: 23/January/2019
ZANZIBAR INSURANCE CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 432
IMPORTANT NOTE: Testimonials/provision results /statements of results are not accepted
Employed applicants are required to channel their application letter through their employers
Age 25-40 years
This is a renewable contract based employment.