Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Director Jobs
OVERVIEWCARE Tanzania seeks to recruit a dynamic qualified Tanzanian for the senior management position of Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Director.
JOB SUMMARYThe Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Director is directly responsible for the design, development, quality, funding and implementation of program initiatives under the GEWE portfolio of the Country Office (CO). The main goal of these programs being to create ‘vibrant, equitable and resilient rural communities where women are empowered to realize their social, political and economic rights and natural resources are sustainably managed in the context of climate change’and in line with COWezesha strategy.
The position is responsible for providing strategic, technical and thought leadership in Women’s Economic Empowerment in the areas of: program development, resource acquisition, implementation, capacity building, innovations, trends, research and evidence, impact measurement, and private sector and policy engagement. The present scope of WEE work for CARE includes financial inclusion, savings groups, entrepreneurship, social enterprises, market systems, micro to macroeconomics, M4P, and digital technology. The WEE Director will ensure effective integration and adoption of WEE approaches throughout CARE Tanzania (CTz) program initiatives, and as part of driving gender transformational programming and broader women’s empowerment throughout CARE’S works.
This position reports to the Country Director and is a key member of the Country Office Management Team (COMT) and the Executive Team (ET), while overseeing a portfolio of more than $2m, and over 10 staff. The position require a minimum of 30% time traveling in-country overseeing projects, with some international travel.
- Master’s degree in business management, economics, or relevant field. A Bachelor’s university degree in business management, economics, or relevant field or related field, in combination with relevant extensive experience, may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE:
- At least 8 years of experience in senior leadership position in women’s economic empowerment, with demonstrated experience in strategic planning, designing, implementing and managing WEE programs funded by a variety of donor agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical knowledge and expertise in women’s economic empowerment approaches in program planning and management, covering the areas of financial inclusion, savings groups, entrepreneurships, social enterprises, market systems, micro to macroeconomics, and digital technology.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise leading the strategic integration of WEE in development programs and history of producing WEE analysis, leading WEE measurement initiatives, developing cutting edge WEE programming;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing business models, analysing market systems, and in M4P (making markets work for the poor) approaches.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in successfully raising resources in from traditional and non-traditional donors;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in promoting transformative approaches to women’s empowerment.
- Extensive experience managing staff, and leading and coordinating high performing teams;
- Strong relationships and networks with WEE actors; experience in advocacy and partnership management with WEE actors;
- Demonstrated experience in project, finance and budget management in development programs funded by variety of donors.
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND:CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. Operating in Tanzania since 1994, CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty is overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE Tanzania and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.
MODE OF APPLICATIONOnly a letter of application and CV without supporting documents such as certificates should be sent by email to
Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB, 21st January 2019 at 1700hrs.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are
strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children