OverviewCARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. Operating in Tanzania since 1994, CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty is overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE Tanzania and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.
SAGCOT REGION SENIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit a dynamic qualified Tanzanian for the position of SAGCOT Region Senior Program Coordinator (SRPC) to be based in Iringa.
JOB SUMMARYThe SAGCOT Region Senior Program Coordinator (SRSPC) will provide overall management, implementation, operational and coordination leadership necessary for ensuring timely, qual program delivery in the SAGCOT region. The position will be responsible for providing strategic decisions and designs on leveraging and integrating key program initiatives, results, research and evidence across CARE's programming in the SAGCOT region.
The position will line-manage SAGCOT program coordinators (PCs) to ensure compliant, effective, efficient and high-quality implementation of their respective projects. The SRSPC is also responsible in identifying funding opportunities for ongoing and new programs initiatives and to initiate and participate in the design of programs and program initiatives. When working with partners the position requires facilitating the development of quality proposals, timely approval of partner proposals and the due diligence process, and supporting the transparent system of disbursement of grants accordingly. Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting, Networking, Learning, and Representation. The position establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key government partners, private sector actors, donors, academic institutions, NGOs and other stakeholders working in the SAGCOT region. The SRSPC represents the program initiatives in various internal and external partners and stakeholders meetings. This position reports to the Director of Technical Unit-SALAMA.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit a dynamic qualified Tanzanian for the position of Program Coordinator to be based in Same, Kilimanjaro.
JOB SUMMARYCARE will be implementing the two years' Help Her Live, Learn and Earn Program (HELP) in Same District with the aim to achieve enhanced food and nutrition security for households dependent on small-scale agriculture within a changing climate in northern Tanzania. It has been designed to practically create equitable and climate resilient rural communities in Same District, Kilimanjaro, where women are empowered, natural resources are sustainably managed and households have increased agriculture production and incomes.
The Program Coordinator will provide overall leadership, coordination, management of the program, and will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery and accomplishment of the program's core objectives under his/her responsibility. The position will be responsible for strategic decision making around day-to-day activities, working with partners - Civil society Organisations (CSOs) and Same District government actors and interaction with the wider HELP stakeholders in Climate resilience, operating across Tanzania.
The position will be responsible for HELP program planning and implementation is compliant, efficient, effective, timely, accountable and of high quality. The position will also be responsible for Partnership Management, Programme Budget and Resource Management, Staff and Performance Management, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEAL), Evidence eneration and Reporting, Promote Gender Equality.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Unit-SALAMA.S/he is expected to maintain effective working relationships with other CARE staff working with other CARE program initiatives and impact groups.
- Master's Degree having a focus on areas including agriculture productivity, natural resource management, agriculture and rural economics/market systems/value chains/skill development/employment, and rural socio-economic development or relevant fields, or a Bachelor's Degree and extensive related work experience in the above-mentioned focus areas.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE:
- At least 5 years' experience in managing complex multi-sectoral projects of similar size and scope in the following focus areas: agriculture productivity, natural resource management, agriculture and rural economics, market systems, value chains, skill development, employment, and rural socio-economic development
- In the aforementioned focus areas demonstrated experience in providing technical knowledge, capacity building and expertise with respect to program planning and management.
- In the aforementioned focus areas demonstrated experience leading the integration and leveraging of approaches across development programs, and history of producing analysis, overseeing research, leading measurement initiatives and evidence gathering, and developing cutting-edge initiatives.
- In the aforementioned focus areas demonstrated experience in successfully raising resources from traditional and non-traditional donors.
- Experience managing staff, and leading and coordinating high performing teams.
- In aforementioned focus areas strong relationships and networks with key actors; experience in advocacy and partnership management with key public, private and civil society actors.
- Demonstrated experience in project finance and budget management in development programs funded by variety of donors.
MODE OF APPLICATIONOnly a letter of application and CV without supporting documents such as certificates should be sent by email to the Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by Cob, 16th January 2019 at 1700hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.EX3