Other Arusha District Arusha
Position: Restaurant Manager
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager / Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
- Select, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees, captains, supervisors and hostesses in the Lodge’s dining outlets to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Describe and ensure quality of all food items, ingredients, and preparation methods, as well as provide expert knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The ability to work closely with the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, and other food and beverage managers, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price and attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the outlet and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Prepare monthly training calendars and ensure training is conducted.
- Review performance of the line staff regularly.
- Ensure that working tools are maintained at per levels by controlling breakage and spoilage.
- Ensure that dining outlets and back areas are maintained hygienically and in order.
- Actively participate in the lodge’s environmental activities.
- Attend the departmental/BOO/safety/green committee meetings and any other other meetings as may be required of him/her.
- Ensure that line staff vacations are well coordinated.
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed in the given time spun.
- Utilize and update Delphi accordingly.
- Ensure grooming is observed as per policy.
- Continuously enhance the look and feel of the outlets.
- Ensure that keys are returned to security office at the end of shift.
- Assist with the service of beverages to guests.
- Assist in seating of guests.
- Assist with the cleaning of operational areas.
- Ensure that the company assets are utilized in a careful manner to avoid damage or loss.
- Perform any other tasks as may be required of his position by the lodge
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Experience: Two to three years previous experience in a line, supervisory or assistant manager position in Food & Beverage.
2. Skills and Abilities: Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
3. Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, maintenance, merchandising, and accounting.
4. Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
5. Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
1. No. of employees supervised: 20 - 40
2. Travel required: Occasional
3. Hours required: Ten to 12 hour shifts; scheduled days and work hours may vary based on need.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Other Arusha District Arusha
Position: Front Office Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Front Desk
Acts as the manager on duty in the Lodge whenever required. Will manage shifts at the Front Desk. Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons policies.
- Manages the staff at the Front Desk, Transportation and Communication. Directs all activities of the Assistant Front Office Managers / Lodge Assistant Manager and ensures communications and follow-up on any problems, guest requests or special requirements. Interviews, trains and schedules the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Reviews and monitors schedules of staff in other department of responsibility. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
- Resolves guest complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Ensures appropriate amenities are sent to the guest rooms and ensure billing for amenities are thoroughly checked and signed when necessary.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. When taking a shift at the desk, follows up on credit problems. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and wellbeing of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not available. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests. Ensures GA for all direct booking guests are assigned prior to the arrival, GA informed of the same and ensure Meet and Greet happens for guests in Arusha.
- Ensures all Team members update guest profile in Golden and ensure maximum details of guests are captured in Golden including guest pictures
- Ensure Chat desk is manned and all chat conversations are accurate, timely and appropriate
- Controls transportation / Game drives experience for the guests of the lodge. This includes planning day to day requirement of vehicle as well as ensures all vehicles are used to the optimum levels. Ensure Game Drive budgets are met.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook.
- Officiates as the Senior Leader within Rooms Division in the absence of Director of Rooms
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Provides basic trouble-shooting support for in-room services such as Internet, TV movies, games, guest room Security team to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries and special requests.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree from University
2. Experience: Previous department head experience in hotel/resort/lodge operations
3. Skills and Abilities: Fluent in English, and ability to operation computer
1. No. of employees supervised: Up to 15 directly, 30 indirectly on any particular shift.
2. Travel required: None
3. Hours required: Minimum Nine; Flexible Schedule based on business level
CLICK HERE TO APPLY