Job Title: Senior Manager: Corporate Communications & External Affairs
Reporting Line: Head; Communications and Corporate Affairs
The role will serve as a thought partner and strategic counselor to business leaders and cross-functional partners while overseeing the strategy and implementation of external and internal communications for the company.
Main responsibility is to support the development and execution of the company’s Communication strategy and to help increase visibility for the bank and its leadership. Delivering and executing media strategies to position NMB as an innovation leader, drive sales and customer acquisition, and enhance the company’s overall reputation.
The goal is to create a very strong reputation and bringing NMB values to life at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Partner with internal teams to provide ongoing strategic counsel and coaching on how to clearly communicate, connect and inspire through alignment on corporate narrative.
• Work closely with leadership and across departments, including HR, to develop and foster open, honest, transparent communication programs and methods/channels that build an engaged, informed and positive culture that enhances internal engagement
• Lead the effort in creating communications messaging, press releases, social content and related content. Support new product launches, strategic partnerships, industry events and corporate communications campaigns, and develop content including PR assets, briefing documents, media presentations, byline articles and social media content.
• Develop and champion use of relevant communication channels – and ensure adoption across organization and implements measurement strategies to drive effectiveness and behavior change.
• Create internal and external visibility programs for executives, including speaking opportunities to build our reputation and brand.
• Author for corporate communications, press releases, and other notable communication, externally and internally, including those including blogs, speaking opportunities, email, digital, newsletters, case studies, white papers, and print collateral.
• Craft engagement strategies with advocacy groups, think tanks, and governmental and non-profit organizations in relation to NMB core narratives.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders like Shared Services, HR and Risk to execute change management, reputation and crisis communications.
• Maintain and cultivate strong relationships. Drive consistent, active conversations with industry publication editors, industry analysts and conference producers to create opportunities for brand exposure in industry publications, at industry events, through briefings and speaking opportunities, etc. Establish ongoing dialogue with media and analysts, including pitching and interviewing. Expand relationships to generate exposure in key verticals when necessary.
• Drive and prove support for teams in lobbying and influencing stakeholder’s decision in favor of the Bank.
• Lead, motivate, and mentor. Actively develop the skills of any direct reports and support cross-functional team members to communicate.
• Solid Team collaboration skills, initiative, and passion for coaching others and growing as a team.
Measure performance and drive results. Establish agreed upon KPIs for programs. Determine forecasts and track performance to deliver on expected outcomes, determine ROI, and prioritize resources. Own and share the analysis and reporting of these efforts.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Monitor publication of key issues affecting the organization and/or organize for stakeholder consultations and coordinate relevant internal stakeholders to produce consultation responses
• Monitor and summarize key findings for key policy developments, stakeholder’s forums for internal stakeholders update and action where necessary.
• Research, forecast and evaluate the effects of public policy on the organization, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts;
• Leverage latest innovations, best practices, technologies and feedback to continuously improve our communications approach.
• Drive and regularly evaluate programs and tactics to improve internal engagement and communication
• Provide ongoing news monitoring and updates on core industry and company issues. Anticipate, prepare for and help manage media issues with the media.
• Implement and leverage employee feedback channels for internal communications, monitor real-time feedback, and analyze data. Propose and apply best practices to extend reach and readership, and improve delivery methods and frequency.
• Monitor information sources produced by stakeholders such as government departments/institutions; and other bodies in order to keep key internal stakeholders informed of any developments related to their field of activity.
• Apply best practices to extend reach and engagement, and to improve delivery methods and frequency.
Skills and Knowledge
The Senior Manager will have an extensive track record of designing, developing and successfully implementing comprehensive communication and stakeholder management programs using multiple platforms and media. The ideal candidate will have:
• Outstanding creative written and oral communication skills writing skills with ability to capture the management’s voice and elevate their content and presence; ability to simplify complex content and write in a clear, succinct, engaging format.
• Digital skills; familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and stakeholder relationship management experience.
• Executive presence, professionalism, and ability to influence and build partnerships at all levels.
• Desire to make a difference and do more than is required by the job. This includes a passion and will to know more about what drives our mission, business, people, and success.
• Sound judgment and professionalism with the ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate a high level of initiative and pursue proactive approaches to problem-solving, with consistent embodiment of the NMB’s values in all interactions with various stakeholder groups.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field is required.
• Experience with reputation management, crisis management and issue-based communications.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.