OVERVIEW: UMATI, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), is a leading non-profit Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services in Tanzania.
UMATI with the Technical assistance from Regional office is implementing the activities of delivery of Health Related Services through public and private health facilities, community health workers as well as Outreach Work, under the project titled “WISH2ACTION”.
JOB TITLE: Social Behaviour Change Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: UMATI - WISH Programme Director
To provide technical guidance on programming and SBCC strategy and activity implementation in Tanzania including strategic use of media, interpersonal communication, dialogue and community mobilization
Behavior Change Communication Strategy and Materials Development
- Provides strategic direction and leadership in social and behavior change communication to meet UMATI and donor requirement and targets/goalsWork closely with technical team on the design, planning, and implementation of a comprehensive SBCC strategy
- Contribute to message, communications material,
- Contribute to formative, quantitative and client-centered research to identify key health behavior determinants targeted by the project.
- Collaborate with program, finance and administrative staff.
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and DFID policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure coordination of planned activities and resources allocation
- Contribute to documenting experiences, prepare report and articles with a view to publish them
Partnership Management and Support
- Identify and work with the SBCC project partners together with the Programme SBCC Advisor to develop messages based on the results of formative research to impact the target population. Implement the best local and international practices in, reproductive health and family planning, as well as the strengthening of positive gender norms;
- Contribute to building relationships with donors, and developing project proposals and publications; Handle key relationships with national and local partners in SBCC activities for the WISH project
- Build the institutional capacities of Programme staff in the implementation and monitoring of evidence-based SBCC initiatives to increase the overall knowledge and lead to greater understanding of priority health issues while promoting positive behaviors for health and strengthening the demand for key health services;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- An advanced degree in public health, health communications, or a related field;
- Demonstrated success in generating innovative and effective behaviour change or marketing solutions.
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of Social Behavioural Change Communication strategies and programs.
- Experience in leading the implementation of community based interventions.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying barriers to behavior change and developing sound communication plans that include innovative strategies to address them.
- Familiarity with best practices in social and behavior change communications;
- Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including donors, MoH, Local governments, CBO's and NGO's.
- Minimum of 3 years of programmatic and technical experience in SRH/FP and a minimum of 3 years of experience in SBCC technical assistance in RH/FP programs managing community-level SBCC programs in Tanzania;
- Knowledge of family planning and other public health-related fields Knowledge and understanding of current theories and SBCC best practices.
- DFID funded projects preferably and other donors;
- Experience in development and implementation of SBCC activities including the use of mass media, social media, interpersonal communication, advocacy and social mobilization.
- Hands-on experience in the development of SBCC strategies, of messages and materials specific to the context of Tanzania to fight against gender inequalities and social norms.
- Knowledge of local languages and command of English is an asset.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and initiative to develop innovative approaches
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, including public speaking, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skills set and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- An ability to work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point).Diligence and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role The candidate must be pro-choice
Job Title: Manager: Finance, Accounting & Systems Development (Re - Advertisement: )
Division: Operations And Institutional Systems Development
Location: Dar es Salaam
Responsible to: Head Operations And Institutional Systems Development
Directly Supervises: Project Accountant & Revenue Accountant
1. JOB PURPOSE
The incumbent shall work closely with the The Head of Operations & Institutional Systems Development and contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing financial and operational tasks of the organization. S/He will further assist in ensuring that the investment arm of UMATI known as KABIU, is operating with the law and is generating sufficient income to support implementation of UMATI strategy
2. KEY FUNCTIONS
- Oversees financial operations of UMATI Manages and provides on-going training to accounting personnel
- Conducts weekly and monthly financial assessments and generates reports to be submitted to the senior management team
- Establishes budgets in accordance with the requirements of the departments
- Monitors funds allocated to various functions ensuring no leakages Takes a lead in developing Annual Programme Budget ( APB)
- Conducts analysis of financial risks and benefits on business initiatives
- Develops Institutional Systems to ensure smooth running of UMATI operations. This includes ensuring SAGE ERP system is fully operational.
- Liaison with IPPF Country Technical Assistants Team on Operational matters
- Ensures UMATI meets all the IPPF accreditation Standards.
3. KEY TASKS
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
(a). Financial Management and Processing
- Ensure accurate financial, contractual and administrative reporting of restricted and unrestricted funds projects is rules and regulations, and terms and conditions.
- Assist the HOISD on the preparation and management of UMATI cash flows and forecasts.Maintain and administer an on-site financial accounting and book-keeping system (QuickBooks/SAGE) required to assure the integrity and effective performance of financial operations and prepare monthly reports
- Manage project’s day-to-day cash needs, payments, procurement, contracts, sub-grants, reviewing/processing invoices, policies and procedures, consultant payments
- Provide guidance to team members regarding the financial requirements of respective projects and office operations in compliance prevailing procedures and policiesLead the development, monitoring, and review of restricted and unrestricted funds projects budgets; review monthly financial analysis and budget vs. expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions, as required
- Provide guidance, monitoring and support to procurement and logistics unit , including procurement for goods and services, logistical support for local and international travel (including expense reports) for staff and consultants, contracts development and management and maintenance of office inventory
- Facilitate the work of external audits and ensure that financial records are properly maintained and readily available during audits
- Contribute to developing work plans and annual budgets for UMATI APB
- Ensure resources are appropriately directed to project priorities and are in line with project work plans
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage UMATI staff and align their efforts in concert with project goals to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- In liaison with Manager HR & Volunteers Service, support the preparation of monthly payroll, obtain approval and process to bank.
- Ensures the production and & issuance of pay slips and maintains all payroll records.
- Oversees the processing of leaves records ensuring no more than 10 days leave is accrued.
- Prepares yearly Payroll reconciliations & Payroll taxes Summaries.
- Supports all other employer payroll related requirements.
- Ensure on positions which are in the APB or budgeted for in restricted projects are filled.
4. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Business Administration/ commerce or any other business related degree. A professional qualification is required (CPA, CIMA, CA, ACCA).
- At least five years of experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting, preferably on international health projects
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced working environment Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of UMATI
5. SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Ability to challenge and influence at all levelsStrong negotiation skills and decision making skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines
- Positive and pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team playerAble to work on own initiative
- Ability to analyse problems and recommend a course of action
- Strong leadership and people management skillsExcellent organization skills
Applications should include:
Letter of application with details of how you meet the desirable criteria
In your application, select the REGION where you wish to work as it listed in Location in this advert.
Download and fill the Application form found in the link Below:-
Make sure you provide the current Addresses, Email and Phone number as well as three referees (i.e Two must be from your most recent employers)
Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
Send the application through email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED
The application should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 1372
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call. Closing date for applications: Applications received later than 03rd February 2019 will not be considered.