Position: Pharmacist (1 post)
Reports to: PI/Study Coordinator
Work station: Dar es Salaam
Apply by: January 21, 2019
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Pharmacist to fill a vacant position in a new project on “Calcium supplementation in pregnant women”. She/he will be responsible for handling all matters regarding study drugs for the trial.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in clinical research studies conducted by the Principal Investigator (PI) in support of activities that meet the objectives of the assigned research protocol, GCP, SOPs, GCLP, etc.
- Provide support to clinical and research activities to ensure protection, rights, safety, and wellbeing of the patients. Ensure participants’ privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Prepare and label study regimen for distribution at study clinics.
- Ensure proper storage of the trial regimen at all times.
- Supervise study drug preparation.
- Receive and catalog returned regimen.
- Maintain regimen tracking logs.
- Train other staff on study drug handling.
- Carry out regular audits of study drug supplies.
- Serve as in-charge of proper destruction of empty bottles and extra regimen as per Tanzanian laws.
- Attend study training sessions and meetings.
- Undertake any other tasks that the supervisor shall reasonably require from time to time.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized institution, registered.
- Prior experience working in clinical trials will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to use the computer for data entry.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
- Excellent/good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, January 21, 2019.
Please, indicate on the application envelope or email subject line the position you are applying for: Pharmacist – Calcium Project.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
Manager, Human Resources Office,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373;
Dar es Salaam.