Reports to: Country Finance Manager
AKF is looking for a top-quality professional with unquestionable integrity to take on the role of an Accountant. The position is responsible for facilitating accurate and timely entry of accounting information, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and providing the management with the accounting information which will allow them to be better equipped in their management and control functions.
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation's work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world's leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN's integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries, Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to problems that impede social and economic development in selected areas of Africa and Asia. AKF Tanzania is part of the AKF East Africa regional structure that implements programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in economic inclusion, food security and agriculture, education, early childhood development, health, and civil society strengthening.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage all balance sheet accounts including Travel and program advances issued to staff as per the finance policy. Review of staff retirements for accuracy and validity of receipts and ensure that they are properly recorded into the system.
- Manage intercompany transactions to ensure that the respective accounts are accurate and up to date.
- Perform monthly/quarterly reconciliation of all balance sheet items to ensure that they are accurate and current.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of periodic financial and management reports.
- Participate in preparation of annual Admin budget.
- Facilitate internal and external audits.
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure accurate recording of payroll expenses into the system.
- Ensure monthly statutory deductions are submitted on time.
- Ensure that tax returns are filed on time.
- Ensure monthly recording of all deposits.
- Receive and review monthly bank reconciliations from the field.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting with strong analytical skills. Professional qualification - CPA or ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience preferably with a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) dealing with multiple donor funds
- Excellent spoken and written English -Good in excel program and any other accounting software
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity should submit a cover letter explaining why they are best suited for this position, CV (not exceeding 4 pages) and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 24th January 2019, to the Country Director - Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.