Position: Senior Relationship Manager; Special Asset Management
To coordinate and control relationship of emerging and large corporate Special Assets that require a high degree of attention to minimize risks, prevent losses and restore profit through rehabilitation, restructuring, turnaround and workout strategies.
- To manage relationship of emerging and large corporate stressed assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified, assessed and addressed.
- To formulate rehabilitation, restructuring action plans and strategies for all downgraded emerging and large corporate accounts so as to minimize bank’s risk
- Presentation of Restructuring Unit strategies on case by case to Management Credit Committees for approval stressed clients
- To maintain and preserve Bank income streams where a turnaround can be achieved on a special asset.
- To establish partnerships with business units and credit department leading to close collaboration and early identification of stressed assets.
- To provide professional business support aimed at resolving challenges faced by stressed clients.
- Management of impairment/provisions for non-performing corporate loans
- To manage all manner of transactions associated with the normal operations of the accounts managed by the unit.
- Management of suspended interest and provisions
- Leading, arranging and/or agreeing to participate in the formation of any creditors group for account managed by the unit.
- To supervise and provide guidance to RM and Restructuring officers on management of stressed assets.
- Good understanding of Bank’s corporate product knowledge and its end to end credit process.
- Good knowledge of bank credit policies, procedures and systems
- Good Credit Appraisal, Restructuring Skills and Customer Relationship Skills.
- High degree of communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Good skills on Performance Management and effective risk management and be able to promote strong risk management culture.
- Good presentation, Credit analysis and strong analytical skills
- Good leadership, mentorship and coaching skills
Degree or Advance Diploma in Banking/Commerce (Accounting)/Economics/finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized higher learning institution
Holder of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
Minimum of 5 years banking experience preferably in Special Asset Management/ Business Support or Workout Unit in a Commercial Bank dealing with emerging or large corporate accounts.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
Deadline: 10 February, 2019