Management CoupleOverview: A 5-star safari camp in the south of Tanzania is currently looking for a professional and experienced couple to join the management team. The management couple will run the daily operations of this versatile safari camp.
The emphasis is strongly on a joint management team effort, in which the following key responsibilities are covered by you:
- coordinate, direct and manage the overall operation to achieve maximum profitability, ensure guest satisfaction, protect the financial aspects of the business and maintain the property – all while following the company guidelines and manuals.
- Submit detailed monthly reports on cost control, sales, feedback, logistics, maintenance, and activities while providing analysis and proposing directions. You do feel comfortable working with budget and forecast sheets in excel, keeping track of the camp's performance.
- supervise Heads of Departments and the office assistants on a day to day basis through direct communication and reporting on their activities.
- plan and organize all offered activities with maximum efficiency considering available assets and guests wishes.
- One of the couples must be a qualified walking guide with relevant qualifications to oversee the guiding and conduct walking safaris when needed.
- oversee Human Resources matters including training, assigning work, payroll, coaching/counseling and performance appraisals in order to meet the required standards of performance. Firing and disciplinary actions will need the approval of your superior.
- ensure that quality standards are met in all areas of the operation as it relates to the appearance, levels of maintenance and cleanliness; establishes and upkeep of (preventative) maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the premises.
- oversee the guest service function to ensure a smooth operation and ensure excellent guest service is delivered.
- tertiary qualification: a degree or diploma in hospitality/tourism or similar a must.
- Experience in conservation will be a huge advantage
- Qualifications as a walking guide
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
- contactable references
- strong admin skills
- competence in Google Drive, MS office and Res request
- flexibility to adapt to company systems and structures
- strong leadership skills, yet committed to teamwork
- passionate, energetic and structured
- guiding background or a proven passion for the bush is an advantage
- candidate needs to be willing to work in a remote area for extended periods of time
Send your detailed cover letter, CV and certificates to: email@example.com
– Application deadline is 15th February, 2019.