About DAI Global LLC:
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
DAI GLOBAL LLC is implementing the Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth activity, funded by USAID. The activity works to increase economic opportunities for young people between the ages of 15 and 35 while promoting healthy lifestyles. Supporting their endeavors in agriculture-related fields, the activity is dedicated to building youth entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce readiness skills. It empowers youth to become leaders in their communities by connecting them to opportunities promoting employment, wellbeing and leadership.
Job Title: Grant Manager
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Location: To be determined
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the coordination of grants activities including liaising with grantees and coordinating with the finance and procurement departments. The Grants Manager reports to the COP.
Specifically, He/she will:
- Review grantee proposals, applications, and budgets for cost reasonableness and adherence to grant management strategy and policies;
- Train local grantees in compliance with USAID assistance regulations, including ADS 303 rules and regulations, and DAI grant policies and procedures;
- Prepare, analyze, and evaluate submissions to Requests for Applications (RFAs), Annual Program Statements (APS), or other solicited and unsolicited proposals, as outlined in the Grants Manual;
- Help facilitate Grant Selection Committees, ensuring that Committee participants understand evaluation criteria, have no conflicts of interest, and are trained in the required evaluation process;
- Establish and maintain accurate grant documentation for each new award;
- Oversees grant implementation from execution and signing of the award, monitoring of and documenting grantee activities, administrative actions, as necessary, and final reports;
- Responsible for reviewing grant deliverables and vouchers for payment before disbursements are made;
- Oversee grant closeout procedures, including disposition plans, as applicable;
- Mentor the Grants Officer on his daily activities, and ensure they are trained on all grants policies and procedures, and;
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
- 5-7 years’ work experience in the grants management field, preferably with international donor-funded projects, UN agencies or NGOs
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to the time sensitive inquiries
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Fluency in English is required
How to Apply:
DAI is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, and cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position. The applicant should also provide valid and reachable references. The CV, cover letter, and list of references should be sent to AYA_HR@dai.com on or before January 25th 2019. Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLY HERE: AYA_HR@dai.com