OVERVIEW: The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) was established in 1996 as a company limited by guarantee without share capital. DSE changed to a company limited by shares and was self-listed in July 2016.
The principal activity of the DSE is, among others, to provide a platform for trading, settlement and depository of listed securities and facilitate companies to raise capital via issuance of shares and bonds.
In order to enhance its governance and operational efficiency, DSE is looking for ambitious, highly motivated person with integrity and commitment to fill the following position:
Job Title: Trading and Market Operations Officer
Reporting to: Surveillance and Market Control Manager
The Trading and Market Operations Officer is mainly responsible for surveillance of market activities including automated monitoring and surveillance of securities transactions and communications.
- Carry out reconciliations with regard to trades from the prior day: check accuracy of trades and resolve any discrepancies;
- Ensure trades settle correctly and resolve any discrepancies;
- Conduct investigations related to securities transactions and holdings;
- Conduct online market surveillance operations during trading sessions;
- Conduct onsite inspection in coordination with Compliance team;
- Prepare market trading report following securities trading activities;
- Give support on trading operations, where necessary, to market participants;
- Act as a backup trader and be able to facilitate trading responsibilities;
- Set-up prime broker accounts, crosschecking market value and shares; and
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Holder of Degree in Economics, Accounting, ICT, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
Securities Markets Certification will be an added advantage.
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum of two (2) years working experience.
Required Skills & Competencies
Experience in any of the following areas: econometrics, statistical analysis, risk management & Compliance as well as regulatory and policy analysis;
Knowledge of Stock Exchange Systems and Processes, Economics and Business Accounting.
Competitive remuneration package will be offered as per the DSE pay scales.
Mode of Application
All interested candidates are required to apply by attaching to their application: current curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates, full addresses including contact phone number, email address and two reference letters from referees who can testify to the applicant academic abilities, working experience and character.
Applications should be sent:
Chief Executive Officer,
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC,
3rd Floor, Kambarage House, 6 Ufukoni Street,
P 0. Box 70081,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Deadline for applications is on 25th January, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The vacancy is also available on DSE’s website: www.dse.co.tz