Job Title: Liaison and Marketing Officer
Location:Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
St. Joseph University in Tanzania (SJUIT) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Liaison and Marketing Officer – Secondary Schools (LMO-SS) at St. Joseph University In Tanzania (SJUIT), Dar es Salaam. Applicants must be aged less than 65 years. He/she shall be reporting to the DVC-Academics.
- To develop and sustain links and rapport between SJUIT and Tanzania Association of Heads of Secondary Schools (TAHOSSA).
- To develop and sustain links and rapport between SJUIT and with Regional and District Educational Offices.
- To develop and implement a programme of University visits and presentations at science secondary schools.
- To develop materials and working tools and instruments for effective secondary schools and education liaison function.
- To create a platform for training of the students for their teaching practice
- To organize and implement a programme of university open days for secondary schools and the general public.
- To promote SJUIT as an option for Higher Education in Science and Mathematics for the secondary School Students
- To assist with work related to marketing, talent showcase and exhibitions, student enrolment, graduation ceremonies, market research and others, as shall be assigned to him/her by the University management.
The criteria below indicate the qualities that are needed to do the job well. Candidates will be selected according to the extent to which they satisfy these criteria.
- Master’s degree in science and/or science education;
- Minimum of 20 years experience in working and teaching at government schools and with Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of primary and secondary educational system in Tanzania;
- Knowledge and experience of working with TAHOSSA and/or Regional and District Educational Officers;
- Experience of delivering presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Experience of organizing and co-ordinating events/projects involving secondary schools and parents;
- Sound administrative experience and ability to develop effective work systems and prioritise own workload efficiently including effective office organisation;
- Clear, concise, timely and appropriate written and oral communication, with a particular emphasis on presentation skills;
- Ability to relate well to colleagues in academic schools and other departments, prospective students and their parents/guardians and advisers;
- Ability and willingness to travel very extensively and work unsocial hours and out-of-office hours;
- Ability to sensitively relate to the concerns and aspirations of potential university students at secondary schools and higher learning institutions;
Attractive package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with his/her qualifications and experience in accordance with SJUIT Scheme of Service and Staff Regulations.
Mode of Application:
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications accompanied with Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of degree certificates, academic transcripts, and names and contact information of three referees. Super scribe the envelop with ’’Application for the post of Liaison & Marketing Officer – Secondary School”
Apply within four weeks from the date of this advert to:
DVC – Resource Management and Administration,EX3
St. Joseph University In Tanzania (SJUIT),
P O. Box 11007,
Dar es Salaam