Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services including comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment in Pwani and Kigoma regions.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in its vacant position for AFYA KWANZA HIV Care and Treatment Program:
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Advisor - HIV Care and Treatment
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager Pwani
LOCATION: Pwani Regional Office (with frequent field travel)
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To provide technical support to clinical staffing for provision of multidisciplinary family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services at THPS supported facilities. This entails HIV counseling and testing at all entry points including, Provider Initiated testing and Counseling (PITC), enrollment of adults and adolescents living with HIV into care and antiretroviral treatment (ART); enhancing retention and minimizing lost to follow up (LTFU), effective adherence and psychosocial support, implementation of collaborative TB/HIV activities, efficient management of commodities and ongoing mentorship and supportive supervision. S/He will work with the PMTCT/Pediatrics technical advisor to ensure that health care providers are well equipped with skills to appropriately manage infants, children and adolescents living with HIV according to national and international standards.
- To provide direct technical assistance to the staff at THPS supported health care facilities; onsite staff capacity building on HIV/AIDS clinical management , clinical mentoring, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support systems, strengthen of referral systems, etc.
- To facilitate Provider Initiated Testing and counseling at all key entry points of the health facility to increase identification of PLHIV and their enrollment to Care & Treatment and retention in treatment
- To implement creatively efforts to support quality pediatric HIV services.
- To establish and monitor innovative adherence and retention strategies at THPS supported health facilities in collaboration with clinical and adherence psychosocial support and community linkages teams.
- To facilitate integration between TB and HIV services including infection control within HIV care and treatment clinics, TB screening and identification of TB suspects for diagnostic work up and treatment initiation, and isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT)
- To ensure that THPS-supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the Tanzanian national guidelines.
- To develop with other Advisors and Technical Director the care and treatment-related materials, including job aides, protocols, algorithms and other necessary tools.
- To assist the Pwani Regional Manager to develop Annual regional work plan and to review its implementation.
- To assist the Pwani Regional Manager in the development of monthly and quarterly reports.
- To coordinate implementation of clinical HIV/AIDS technical support from THPS in Tanzania
- To coordinate and supervise quality improvement (QI) initiatives in the region
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- MD; Master’s degree (MPH or equivalent); Public health training is desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in HIV care and treatment
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS
- Experience working in collaboration with local government partners (R/CHMTS) and NGOs.
- Excellent team orientation, openness, responsiveness and conflict management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English and Swahili oral/written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum by February 3rd 2019 with a subject line for example: Clinical Advisor Pwani. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.EX3