Position: NPO RAN Engineer
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
3G/LTE Radio network planning and optimization engineer is responsible for providing radio detail planning, RAN and eNB parameters planning, pre-launch and post-launch quality assurance and optimization services for 3G/LTE projects in collaboration with related stakeholders.
Main Responsibility Area:
- Should have knowledge of LTE Basics, Multi-Layer Idle and Dedicated mode parameters and understand behavior of parameter tuning
- Required to technically deliver network planning and optimization projects according to the agreed scope of work (SoW)
- Performs critical (sometimes escalated) design and performance activities in customer projects independently. These may include complex problem solving in projects with performance requirements and multi-vendor environment
- Good Knowledge of LTE Call flow, Familiarity with Power Control and impact of various power setting on the LTE network
- Identify and resolve Performance degradation in the network within prescribed timelines.
- Perform Counter level analysis and problem isolation to arrive at an early RCA to improve network performance.
- Traffic balancing using physical and soft parameters while ensuring KPI’s are met.
- Good understanding of Huawei BTS hardware
- Defines the criteria to assess network performance from end-user / service perspective and monitoring of that criteria
- Identifies and anticipates proactively network performance issues (traffic/quality/resiliency) and provides recommendations for improvement
- Optimizes the capacity of the network to meet traffic increase and customer requirements using either network extension or existing network modification
- Ensures that design & optimization guaranty the capability for the network to provide end-user new services in line with customer environment, business goals/drivers and quality
- To communicate effectively and work with a large team in collaborative mode
- Planning the Node-B and eNB sites configuration by using RF planning tool (NetAct Planner/Atoll/Asset) and defining their related parameters: site coordinates, antenna type, antenna height, antenna tilt, antenna azimuth, CPICH power, cable loss, propagation model parameters
- Setting the specific RF parameters for the site to be integrated.
- Analyze site performance after integration through drive test measurements and/or OSS measurements, detecting eventual problems and recommending changes to fixing problem
- Defining and monitoring parameter consistency check rules to Maintain RAN /eNB parameter database consistency
- Defining and monitoring KPIs reports on network, area and RNC level
- Defining and optimizing “worst objects” reports at eNB, Node-B and RNC level, as well as troubleshoot and recommending the software changes, hardware changes or alerting O&M in case of hardware problem
- Huawei 3G/LTE parameters detailed knowledge and optimization
- Giving inputs in terms of capacity, quality and coverage for expansion phases
- Implementing new features required to improve overall radio network performance
The NPO Radio Network Planning and Optimization Engineer will be required to develop and ensure planning and optimization activities during network deployment phase and post integration stage.
The NPO engineer will be expected to execute the following tasks:
Radio NW Design
Traffic balancing using physical and soft parameters while ensuring KPI’s are met.
Mobile Access Design
Implementation Data Creation
FNI (First Network Implementation) Support
Physical Optimization (Tilt/Azimuth)
Mobility Analysis and Optimization
OSS KPI Analysis and Improvement
Single Site Verification
Cluster Tuning and Optimization
SLA/KPI Reporting and Acceptance
KPI Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting
Reactive Optimization/ Trouble-shooting by NW KPI, UE log, some detail log.
Pro-active Optimization to avoid quality degradations
Capacity Management and Assurance
Parameter Optimization to meet the target KPI level
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or corresponding experience
Good communication skills
3G/LTE technology understanding and know-how
3G/LTE design and optimization experience
Knowledge on 3GPP