Deputy Head of Mission Jobs
OVERVIEWThe International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Mission in Dar es salaam co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kibondo and Dar es salaam Tanzania.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIESThe Deputy Head of Mission supports the Head of Mission in the management of the Mission and its operations in accordance with the strategies, objectives, programs and actions plans defined by the Nairobi regional delegation. DHoM supports the Head of Mission in representing the ICRC in Tanzania, engaging towards multiple stakeholders in order to secure support for ICRC operations and promote respect for International Humanitarian Law.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participates and advises the Head of Mission in the analysis of the ICRC Context in the country;
- Supports the management in matters related to security, contributing to the elaboration, the dissemination and the respect of security rules;
- Under the supervision of the Head of Mission supervises administrative the day-to-day activities;
- Contributes to the identification of the humanitarian needs and the definition of the mission overall strategies;
- Follows the general, humanitarian, political and socio-economic situation in Dar es Salaam and Tanzania in general;
- Represents the ICRC in Tanzania vis-a-vis the lower and middle level of local and national government authorities, military, police as well as the civil society in order to explain and facilitate ICRC activities;
- Maintain and develops a network on interlocutors of other humanitarian actors and participates in coordinating meetings;
- Supervises, plans and coordinates in a proactive manner the Cooperation with the Tanzania Red Cross and Communication programme.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- University degree or equivalent qualification;
- Overall 4-7 years professional experience and experience with ICRC or International Organisation an asset;
- Good experience in Program Management;
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English, Kiswahili);
- Computer proficiency.
APPLICATIONThe interested candidates should submit their applications latest by 15.2.2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, awards etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference 003(Deputy Head of Mission) must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required academic & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
APPLY TO: email@example.com