Procurement and Logistic Specialist Morogoro, Tanzania
Reports To: Senior Office Manager in Morogoro
The Procurement and Logistics Specialist will procurement services to the project and provide logistics and vehicle fleet support to the Technical Field Operations Team, as well as help coordinate and supervise the drivers
- Create and maintain a vehicle and staff travel tracker
- Oversee the traveling schedules and verify the authorizations required for travels process internal travel requests and maintain supporting documentation in files for tips and collect and review supporting documentation (invoices, receipts, etc) (or travel expense reports submitted by staff and consultants.
- Assist in processing visa forms and obtaining visas from foreign embassies, and processing work permits for expat staff
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s Travel Policy and Procedures.
Thoroughly familiarises her/himself with detailed systems and procedures for management of procurement of goods and services for the WARIDI program
- Drafts purchase orders and collects quotations in a transparent and compliant manner
- Participate in bid analysis processes in compliance with procedures and regulations
- Ensures that all local project procurement complies with Tetra Tech ARD home office procedures and USAID regulations
- Project asset management and inventory control
- In coordination with the Senior Office Manager, maintain a system for management and control of project purchased or acquired inventory assets.
- Tag and record all project purchased inventory in the project master inventory tracker
- Perform an annual inventory review according to Tetra Tech ARD procedure and USAID regulation, and reconcile with home office as required
Vehicle Coordination and Maintenance
- Coordinates and schedules allocation and use of vehicles, in consultation with the Office Manager.
- Ensures proper long term and day-to-day maintenance of all vehicles, including chocking oil and other fluids, battery, brakes, tires, and other critical equipment is completed
- Monitors maintenance schedules for all vehicles and ensures timely and necessary routine maintenance as recommended for each vehicle.
- Monitors vehicular problems and concerns of drivers with proper mechanics/vehicle contract service provider to ensure desired repairs
- Assures vehicles are properly and safely secured outside official duty use
- Reviews and maintains vehicle logs and ensure that all drivers are aware of procedures for keeping the logs up to date and reconciling records with USAID and NRCA-NEPA
- Identify and report all ‘other authorized’ vehicle usage and issue to the Finance Department for billing and collection
- Supervises the drivers and arranges additional drivers from the pool, as needed, to support technical staff on field trips
Qualifications: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
EDUCATION: Completion of college degrees
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 8 years of experience in an equivalent position. Experience Working in a similar position for USAID projects or other International Donor funding organisation is preferred.
SKILLS: Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
LANGUAGE: Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of staff in English and Kiswahili.
GENERAL: Be a team member. Be trustworthy, Be reliable, Be self-motivated. Having the ability to be multi-tasked and efficiently respond to the needs of the project support and technical staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their current curriculum vitae (CV) and 3 references to: email@example.com Subject of the email should include “WARIDI” and the name of the position applying for. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
This position is open to Tanzania candidates only. Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all encourage applications from women and underrepresented groups. Tetra is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: 15th February 2019 at 16:00hrs
Area Manager, Sales Rep-Van Sales, Sales Associate, Laboratory Technicians, Assistant Storekeeper Job Vacancies
A reputed and established FMCG manufacturing and distribution company is currently recruiting Tanzanians to fill various positions. Our employees receive training, development, opportunities for advancement and enjoy an environment of respect and recognition.
We are looking for people who have the requisite qualifications, experience, proactive, result-oriented and honest. If you possess these qualities and looking for an opening, then you are encouraged to explore the following opportunities below: –
1. Area Manager – Dodoma and Mwanza
Marketing degree from a reputable institution with 3 years experience in Sales. Candidate should be a resident of the respective region he/she is seeking the position
2. Sales Rep – Van Sales
Minimum Form VI with 3 years van sales experience in FMCG. Should be fully conversant with Dar es Salaam market and should know how to use ETR machine
3. Sales Associate
Form IV with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Tally ERP9
4. Laboratory Technicians
Diploma or Form VI with distinction in Physics and Chemistry and 2 years experience in effluent and water analysis
5. Assistant Storekeeper
Should possess Materials Management/Procurement qualification with 3 years experience in storekeeping especially in engineering items. Should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualification and experience
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail immediately your handwritten application & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of the first appearance of this advertisement (Deadline: 12/02/2019) Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted for interview
Source: Daily News February 06, 2019.EX3