Job Title: Longstanding Coordinator
BACKGROUND: Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.
Maersk Tanzania is looking for a dynamic Longstanding Coordinator to join our team.
The role of the LS Coordinator is to act as owner of the Global Longstanding Containers SOP for the cluster. Coordination with country teams, GSC, LOC and actual follow up are within the scope.
The role covers full ownership of the process excluding Empty longstanding containers (EQU ownership).
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to Customer Service and Operations.
Key responsibilities: Communication
- Communicates constantly with various stakeholders with regards to Full Longstanding follow-up including but not limited to GSC, LOC, customers, freight forwarders, trucking companies, Depots, ICD’s, Terminal, other colleagues, etc.
- Liaise with GSC on notifications to customers
- Update CODS for all longstanding as per SOP
- Follow up on customer communication as per SOP
- Initiate service recovery measures to limit longstanding containers e.g.
- Follow up on legacy units for clearing out of the system
- Engaging with Cargo origin teams to shift liability to shippers
Reporting and LS prevention
- Ensure weekly reports are received by all in the format agreed
- Transhipment Longstanding – weekly follow up
- Collate facts related to longstanding containers and interpret the retrieved information from customers, terminals, operations and other related parties where applicable
- Make recommendations, initiate and pursue appropriate longstanding container prevention measures and corrective actions
- 1-2 years of experience of shipping, supply chain or logistics industry
- MS Office tools proficiency
- Continuous growth and improvement mindset with global orientation.
- Effective communication skills
Location:Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Title:Longstanding Coordinator