Position: Regional Plant Specialist - Mbeya
To Provide operations and maintenance leadership through controlling, managing, auditing, supporting daily Data Centre operations and Network facilities activities that ensure achievement of highest possible KPI targets, operational excellence as well as efficiency in network operations processes and cost.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Services Contract Governance: Oversee and undertake both the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of the utilities and building fabric at Data Centres to deliver optimal end-to-end network availability and KPI target; including PM audits ATP’s, and quality of workmanship on all Data Centres.
- Maintenance: All maintenance should be undertaken as per MSC Facility Policy Document (VOD-MAN-PRC-0209).
- Incident Management: Provide support for incident management related to Data Centre and other network facilities operations and maintenance - escalation, reporting, updating, root cause analysis and recommendation
- Process Management: Drive the end-to-end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure smooth operation; covering Data Centres and Physical Network facilities, Equipment Installations, Alarm & Fault Handling, Preventive & Reactive Maintenance, Logistics and Spares handling.
- Data Centre layout and Environment: Drive end-to-end process and governance to ensure there is structured Data centre layout, cabling, and equipment positioning, implementation of heat and smoke detection and fire suppression to fully achieve efficiencies and compliance to Vodacom standards.
- Cooling and Power: Drive end-to-end operations of critical systems to the Data Centre such as HVAC, UPS and Generators to fully achieve Vodacom standards and other required regulations in the country
- Capacity Management: Drive end-to-end processes and procedures to manage Network infrastructure capacities and capabilities.
- Spares Management: Prepare, execute and track the annual spare consumption, replacement, repair and re-ordering.
- Operations Management: Ensure that all operational activities are compliant to EMF standards, health and safety standards, security and other required regulations in the country.
- Change Management: Ensure that changes to the network, including Equipment installations, swap out, upgrades, re-engineering, new technology deployment and testing is done in a controlled manner with minimum disruption to the existing network and that all changes are appropriately documented
- BCM / DRP: Ensure operational alignment and adherence to the company BCM / DRP policy and strategy by ensuring resiliency and acceptable redundancy in the network topology.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in Telecommunications Operational Management
- At least 3 years’ in operations support, installations and commissioning
- Training in Electrical Engineering, Electro Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architectures / technologies
- Knowledge to Data Centre management will be an added advantage
- EWURA certificate on Electrical installation is an added advantage
- Proven experience of working with Electrical machinery from multiple suppliers/ vendors/ partners
Management skills in handling teamsProblem analysis and resolution
Planning & organizing
Effective communication skills
Accountability & Teamwork
Project Management & Risk management
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Posting date: 06 Feb, 2019
Closing Date : 15-Feb-19, 11:59:00 PM