Location:Muheza, Same, Tanzania
Job Title:Programs Administrator
The Programs Administrator is to ensure and guarantee compliance with the monthly accounting cycle and tax obligations of ONGAWA, as well as ensuring adequate economic and financial management and the fulfillment of the commitments made to different donors,in the context of the Muheza and Same Programs, by updating and systematizing economic information, according to the relevance of the value of transparency in ONGAWA.
To manage, monitor and report on all logistics processes, including supply, procurement purchasing, warehousing, assets, fleet as well as related administrative procedures to support the operations in Muheza and Same.
- To participate in the development and follow-up of the programs budgets.
- To ensure proper and punctual implementation of general and costs accounting that integrates financial information of the programs offices.
- To monitor and support project partners financial teams.
- To ensure that the programs are complying with donor funding requirements and ONGAWA internal procedures by proactive and periodical updating on any substantial change on those norms.
- Responsibility for the proper management of resources ONGAWA and for the support to the programs teams, ensuring the means necessary for the proper performance of their assigned tasks are available.
- To follow and enforce the procedures and standards regarding to financial and logistics within the context of the programs.
The functions described below may be modified, extended or restricted by ONGAWA, in order to adapt to the strategy, set by the organization at all times.
- To participate in the development and follow-up of the program budget
- To participate the annual programs budgeting processes
- To ironitor the budget, together with the Program Manager, ensuring the proper implementation of the procedures and tools necessary for the monitoring, participating in the analysis of possible deviations arising,
- To lead the closing of the annual budget.
- Ensure proper implementation of general and cost accounting that integrates financial
- information of the program
- Ensure the correct functioning of the required tools necessary for proper accounting management of the programs
- To ensure the proper performance of the accountability cycle, according to the procedures, and strictly observing timing and deadlines,
- To support project partners financial teams and make sure that they comply with the actual agreements in relation to accountability cycles. Revision and consolidation of their financial reports.
- To contribute to the annual internal audit, providing proper information in terms of timing and quality.
Education and training
- Holder of Diploma/degree in Accounting from recognized institution
- Computer literate (office and other accountability software)
- Holder of CPA (T) or its equivalent qualifications
- Registered with NBAA (The National Board of Accountants and Auditors) as Accountant authorized
- Fluent in English and Swahili, both spoken and written.
- Spanish will be an added advantage.
- A good working knowledge of accounting.
- At least three (3) years' experience working as an accountant in any reputable organization Must have worked in a computerized environment.
- Knowledge of the regions and the districts involved
- Work with other NGOs or contractors in development projects
Fixed term contract of employment of one-year period (probationary initial 3 months), thereafter renewable yearly upon a series of successful and evaluated performance factors/criteria. Further to this, employment contract may be renewed at the discretion of ONGAWA considering but not limited to:
- Availability of project funding
- Availability of the position (ie, there is no situation when no work remains for the employee, e.g., at the end of a project, as part of the exit strategy, etc.)
- Perfomance evaluations provided by immediate supervisors, support staff and collaborative professionals encountered during contract period.
Job application procedure
Applications with CVs, motivation letters, certificates, 3 reference contacts, and contact phones should reach before 17:00hrs on Tuesday, the 12th of February 2019, the following addresses: Post Office Box 4328, Dar es Salaam. Email: email@example.com. Phone for queries: +255763118025