Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor for Sauti Project.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor [One position based in Dar ES Salaam]
The Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor (M&E Advisor) will provide support, oversight and direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for the Sauti project within this platform, Pre Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), HIV Self Testing (HIVST) and ART outreach service delivery to key populations (KP). This includes providing technical leadership, standardization and operational efficiency to develop and implement the project M&E plan. The M&E Advisor will work closely with the M&E team to design, implement and supervise regional M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of the three interventions and outcomes. The M&E Advisor is also responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes and challenges to USAID and coordinating the design of or designing and conducting operations research for these specific interventions.
- Provide technical support to the PrEP, HIVST and ART Outreach team for M&E, including input on workplans and indicator frameworks,
- Provide input and be actively engaged with the MOH on national systems for monitoring PrEP usage
- Provide technical assistance to providers in the application of PrEP, HIVST and ART Outreach data collection tools, aggregating and reporting
- Oversee data entry into PrEP, HIVST and ART Outreach database, conduct data cleaning exercises, and conduct analysis on the dataset
- Maintain the PrEP, HIVST and ART Outreach database, creating backups and export files
- Prepare PrEP, HIVST and ART Outreach data for program use, including preparing reports, giving feedback, overseeing data management, and other support to the data management process as needed
- Provide technical input into program evaluation or research projects and oversee implementation
- Oversee data entry into APR, SAPR and JADE for the PrEP, HIVST and ART Outreach program
- Generate and contribute to quarterly or other reports as applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide support for analysis and results reporting, to different stakeholders including the donor, national and local government actors, Sauti leadership team and technical and program staff
- Cultivate a culture of data use internally and externally through routine visualization and use of data
- Facilitate capacity building in program monitoring, data utilization and integration of lessons learned for Civil society organizations sub granted to implement Sauti services. Also, coordinate M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, implementing partners, R/CHMTs, and facility staff
- Support the development of abstracts and manuscript for sharing program learnings in wider audiences.
- Timely submission for review and approval by MER Director of the relevant items from below:
- High-quality M&E plan with appropriate indicators, targets, methods
- Reports to donors (PEPFAR, USAID, other donors)
- Quarterly presentation of achievements, successes, challenges and solutions
- Standard Operating Procedures for HIVST,PrEP and ART Outreach, use
- M&E tools
- Data quality assurance package (tools, process, plan)
- Databases adapted to program needs and operating
- Reports of key M&E activities and results
- University degree in public health, sociology, demography, statistics, or other social science area; [Master’s degree preferred]
- Strong background in program M&E, data management and analysis of data, and some experience with program evaluation/research. Preferred qualities include a familiarity with the health facility setting and previous work on PEPFAR funded programs.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in HIV/AIDS or other health areas; experience with health facility setting a plus
- Experience in data collection, processing, and analysis; database experience a plus
- Experience in implementing qualitative and quantitative research
- Excellent time management skills
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 30% around Tanzania
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
To apply please indicate the position title on the subject line and regional of reference of your e-mail, i.e. Application for Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor. All applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history.
Send the application through email: SautiTZApplications@jhpiego.orgPlease note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: SautiTZApplications@jhpiego.org is the email address to use.. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com